Bodegas Argüeso was founded in 1822 by Don León de Argüeso y Argüeso and bestowed upon his passing to his nephew Juan and his niece Francisca (“los Herederos”).
The original soleras come from the 250-year-old Bodega San Carlos on Calle Santo Domingo in Sanlúcar’s Barrio Bajo district. By the early 1900s, Argüeso had expanded to cover two full city blocks, including significant portions of the former gardens and edifices of the Convent of Santo Domingo.
San León, Argüeso’s flagship brand, is one of the most significant and revered Manzanillas. In the early 21st century the firm was purchased by Francisco Yuste, prominent Sanlúcar almacenista and businessman who is deeply committed to the preservation of the traditions of Manzanilla. Argüeso’s early-19th century soleras remain intact, and Yuste has carefully restored and maintained the historic facilities.
|APPELLATION||D.O. Manzanilla-SanLúcar de Barrameda|
|San León Manzanilla||100% Palomino||Albariza/Chalk|
|1822 Amontillado Solera Fundacional||100% Palomino||Albarizo/Chalk|