The Collaltos carry on a family legacy as owners and tenants of 3200 acres of land north of Venice given to their family over one thousand years ago. The signs of history, culture and nature co-exist with farming practices that fully respect what is a centuries-long tradition passed down by the Collalto family. 160 acres of farmland are given over to vineyards for the production of Borgoluce wines and sparkling wines. The Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. region is home to the vineyards of Borgoluce’s finest Prosecco.
Vineyards in Susegana, DOC Treviso.
- Altitude: 165 – 330 feet
- Exposure: West, Southwest
- Soils: Loose, calcareous with skeletal texture
- Climate: Hot, not excessively humid summers. Average daily temperature change 60ºF
- Vine Training System: Double-arched cane and Sylvoz
- Harvest in early September
- Glera vinification:
- Whole grapes softly crushed
- Slow fermentation at 61-64ºF using carefully selected yeasts
- Maturation on fine lees for 4 months
- Pinot Noir vinification:
- Fermented on skins at 68-77ºF, macerated on skins
- Cuvée assembled
- Secondary fermentation: Charmat method
- In stainless steel tanks, cold stabilized at 30ºF
- Fermented at 59-61ºF
- Microfiltration before bottling to remove lees from spumante, rested for 2 months before bottling
- Cellar aged in bottle for a minimum of 30 days
With a fine, creamy and persistent perlage in the glass and soft rose color, Gaiante is a fresh young spumante Millesimato. It is an elegant taste and combines harmonious aromas and flavors. Ideal for aperitifs and whenever there is something to toast! Aromas are fruity, fresh and elegant, revealing blueberry and strawberry notes. Pleasantly tart on the palate, tasty and harmonious.
85% Glera, 15% Pinot Noir grapes; alcohol: 11.5%; grown in Susegana region; soils loose, calcareous with skeletal matter; hot summer climate; primary Glera fermented whole grape at 61-64ºF after cold stabilization, macerated on fine lees 4 months; primary Pinot Noir fermented on skins at 68-77ºF, macerated on skins; cuvée assembled, Charmat method secondary fermentation in stainless steel tanks at 59-61ºF; microfiltered and rested for 2 months to separate lees; bottled and aged in cellar for minimum 30 days.
- 85% Glera, 15% Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 11.5%
- Total Acidity: 6 g/l
- Residual Sugar: 8 g/l
- Dry Extract; 19 g/l
- Pressure: 5.5 bars
The 2019 Prosecco Treviso Rosé Gaiante Brut is so pretty and floral in the glass. This feminine and lifted effort shows fresh roses, wild strawberries, hints of peach and white smoke. It’s silky and enveloping with a noticeable inner sweetness balanced by juicy acids, with notes of ripe cherry and spice amassing toward the close. This finishes fresh yet on a note of hard red candies that lingers long. It’s worth seeking out and also a great value. Also of note here is that this blend of 85% Pinot Nero and 15% Glera was one of the first bottles from the new Prosecco Rosé DOC category to cross my path. (Lot 22M20)
|Proprietors||Trinidad, Giuliana, Ninni & Caterina Collalto (mother & daughters)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|