The Collaltos carry on a family legacy as owners and tenants of 3200 acres of land north of Venice given to their family over one thousand years ago. The signs of history, culture and nature co-exist with farming practices that fully respect what is a centuries-long tradition passed down by the Collalto family. 160 acres of farmland are given over to vineyards for the production of Borgoluce wines and sparkling wines. The Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. region is home to the vineyards of Borgoluce’s finest Prosecco.
- Grape Production Area: Hills between Valdobbiadene, Susegana and Colalto.
- Average Altitude of the Vineyards: 200-300 meters a.s.l.
- Exposure of the Vineyards: West, South-west.
- Type of Terrain: Morainic hills and clayey soils with high calcium carbonate content.
- Climate: Temperature, with hot but no humid summers; average annual range of 20-21°.
- Training Systems: Double arched cane and Sylvoz.
- Grape-harvesting Period: After mid-September.
- Vinification Technique: The gentle pressing of whole grapes is followed by slow fermentation using carefully selected yeasts, at the temperature of 10°; ageing on “fine lees” for 5 months.
- Prise de mousse: Traditional method used in the hills of Treviso for many generations. Bottle refermentation, in a dark place at the temperature of 16-17°C, in spring. At the end of fermentation the yeasts remain at the bottom.
- Duration of fermentation and bottle ageing: about 3 months.
- Duration of Cycle: 8 months.
- Color: Straw yellow.
- Perlage: Fine and persistent.
- Fragrance: Delicate fruity aromas, notes of bread crust and yeasts; the notes become more complex upon contact with the yeasts.
- Tasting Notes: Dry, robust and harmonious.
- Wine and Food Pairing: Goes well with charcuterie, fried food, fish dishes, risottos with mushrooms or vegetables.
- Serving Temperature: Cool before serving to 8-10°C.
- Storage: Bottle upright in a cool dark place. Avoid long periods in the fridge.
- Made from Glera grapes.
- Grown on soils of clay in the hills between Valdobbiadene, Susegana and Collalto.
- Primary juice fermented in stainless steel tanks, secondary fermentation in the bottle over a period of 3 months.
- Non-discorged leaving wine slightly cloudy.
- Zero residual sugar.
- Grape Varietal: 100% Glera
- Alcohol Content: 10.5% by Vol
- Sugar Content: No sugars
- Total Acidity: 5.5 g/L
- pH: 3.30
- Dry extract: 19 g/L
- Pressure: 2.30-2.50 bar
Pale straw. Honeycomb, butter and saffron on the atypical Prosecco nose. Bright, juicy but classically dry, with hints of saffron complicating the apple and citrus peel flavors. Finishes long with plenty of underlying minerality and energy.
|Proprietors||Trinidad, Giuliana, Ninni & Caterina Collalto (mother & daughters)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|