The Collaltos carry on a family legacy as owners and tenants of 3200 acres of land north of Venice given to their family over one thousand years ago. The signs of history, culture and nature co-exist with farming practices that fully respect what is a centuries-long tradition passed down by the Collalto family. 160 acres of farmland are given over to vineyards for the production of Borgoluce wines and sparkling wines. The Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. region is home to the vineyards of Borgoluce’s finest Prosecco.
Grapes / Soils
|Glera||clay with high concentration of calcium carbonate|
- Vineyards are in the hills of the Alta Marca Trevigiana.
- Size of Vineyard: 34.50 acres
- Soil composition: Clay, silty, calcium carbonate
- Training method: Silvoz-double Guyot
- Elevation: 50-150 feet
- Vines/acre: 2,600-3,300
- Yield/acre: 18 tons
- Exposure: East South-East
- Year Vineyard Planted: 2004-2008
- Harvest Time: Early September
- Soft pressing of the whole grapes is followed by slow fermentation with carefully selected yeasts at 16°C for 6-8 days in stainless steel vats.
- Aging on “fine lees” for two months.
- Prise de mousse charmat method, with refermentation in autoclaves at 15-16°, cold stabilization at -1°C.
- Duration of cycle is 30 days.
- Made from Glera grapes.
- Grown on soils of clay with high concentration of calcium carbonate.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged for 3 months.
- Bottled micro-filtered.
- Varietal composition: 100% Glera
- Number of Bottles Produced: 75,000
- Alcohol: 11.5
- pH Level: 3.25
- Residual Sugar: 12 g/l
- Acidity: 5.7 g/l
Bright straw. Orange blossoms and nectarine on the fresh nose. Easy going and soft, with juicy yellow peach and apricot flavors that are nicely persistent. Not the last word in complexity but offers plenty of early appeal.
|Proprietors||Trinidad, Giuliana, Ninni & Caterina Collalto (mother & daughters)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|