The Collaltos carry on a family legacy as owners and tenants of 3200 acres of land north of Venice given to their family over one thousand years ago. The signs of history, culture and nature co-exist with farming practices that fully respect what is a centuries-long tradition passed down by the Collalto family. 160 acres of farmland are given over to vineyards for the production of Borgoluce wines and sparkling wines. The Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. region is home to the vineyards of Borgoluce’s finest Prosecco.
Grapes / Soils
|Glera||clay with high concentration of calcium carbonate|
- Vineyards are in the hills between Valdobbiadene, Susegana and Collalto.
- Size of vineyard: 53 acres
- Soil compostiion: Calcium carbonate, clay, iron
- Training method: Silvoz-double Guyot
- Elevation: 150-240 feet
- Vines/acre: 3,300
- Yield/acre: 13.5 tons
- Exposure: East South-East and East North-East
- Year Vineyard Planted: 1999-2004
- Harvest Time: Early September.
- Fermentation: Soft pressing of the whole grapes is followed by slow fermentation with carefully selected yeasts at 10°C.
- Aging on “fine lees” for 4 months.
- Prise de mousse charmat method, refermentation in autoclaves at 15-16°C, stabilization at -1°C.
- Duration of the cycle is 35 days.
- Made from Glera grapes.
- Grown on soils of clay with high concentration of calcium carbonate.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged for 4 months.
- Bottled micro-filtered.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Glera
- First Vintage of this wine: 2007
- Number botles produced: 65,000
- Alcohol: 11.5%
- pH level: 3.2
- Residual sugar: 8.0 g/l
- Acidity: 5.8 g/l
Crisp, clean and linear, this elegant sparkler has delicate, enticing aromas of spring blossom, fleshy white stone fruit and wild herb. The dry, tangy palate delivers yellow pear, Rennet apple, lemon zest and white almond alongside a foaming mousse and bright acidity.
The NV Brut Proseccco Superiore pulls you close with its sweet scents of honeyed almonds, fresh pear and zests of lime. There’s a tremendous amount of salty tension within, complemented by brisk acids, yet also contrasted by ripe orchard fruits. It finishes long with mouthwatering freshness, while hints of almond paste mixed with green apple slowly fade. (Lot# 21M02) 2021 – 2024
|Proprietors||Trinidad, Giuliana, Ninni & Caterina Collalto (mother & daughters)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|