The Collaltos carry on a family legacy as owners and tenants of 3200 acres of land north of Venice given to their family over one thousand years ago. The signs of history, culture and nature co-exist with farming practices that fully respect what is a centuries-long tradition passed down by the Collalto family. 160 acres of farmland are given over to vineyards for the production of Borgoluce wines and sparkling wines. The Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. region is home to the vineyards of Borgoluce’s finest Prosecco.
Vineyards in the Collalto hills, Susegana – Veneto.
- Soils: Morainic hills and clay soils with limestone and fine gravel
- Climate: Temperate with warm but not humid summers. Average yearly temperature range 20 – 21º C
- Vine Training System: Double Arched Cane / Sylvoz
- Hand harvested the second half of September into small crates
- Whole cluster pressing, extraction of free run must, fermentation on lees
- Wine is cooled prior to sugar depletion
- Integral aging on lees throughout the winter
- Bottled without dosage
- Secondary fermentation in the bottle, with spontaneous depletion of natural grape sugars preserved by the cold winter climate
- Aged 3 additional months in bottle for a cycle that last about 10 months
Sui Lieviti (on the lees) is the name given to the spumante produced by natural secondary fermentation in the bottle born in our hills. It is the Prosecco of bygone times, unfiltered as per tradition. Authentic, fine and elegant. As tradition dictates, at the end of secondary fermentation the precipitate remains on the bottom of the bottle. Straw yellow in the glass. Fine and persistent perlage. Delicate scents of white fruits and mineral notes, hints of breadcrust. With time, more complex notes develop from contact with the lees. The palate is fresh, mineral and harmonious.
Ideal as an aperitif, it is excellent paired with cold cuts, fried entrèes, fish, mushroom or vegetable risottos.
Inaugural release of Sui Lieviti – “on the lees”; 100% Organically grown Glera; alcohol: 11%; grown in moranic and clay soils with limestone and fine gravel on the Collalto hills; hand harvested latter half of September into small crates; whole cluster pressed; free run juice ferments on lees, aged over winter in bottle; secondary fermentation in bottle with spontaneous depletion of natural grape sugars preserved by the cold winter climate; bottled without dosage – Brut Nature; aged in bottle 3 months prior to release.
- 100% Organically grown Glera
- Alcohol: 11.0%
- Total Acidity: 5.5 g/l
- pH: 3.30
- Residual Sugar: 0 – Brut Nature
- Dry Extract: 19.0 g/l
- Pressure: 5 bar
|Proprietors||Trinidad, Giuliana, Ninni & Caterina Collalto (mother & daughters)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|