The Collaltos carry on a family legacy as owners and tenants of 3200 acres of land north of Venice given to their family over one thousand years ago. The signs of history, culture and nature co-exist with farming practices that fully respect what is a centuries-long tradition passed down by the Collalto family. 160 acres of farmland are given over to vineyards for the production of Borgoluce wines and sparkling wines. The Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. region is home to the vineyards of Borgoluce’s finest Prosecco.
Grapes / Soils
|Rive di Collalto Prosecco Valdobbiadene DOCG Brut||Glera||clay with high concentration of calcium carbonate|
Rive Collalto is located roughly half way between the towns of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene at the southern edge of the Valdobbiadene appellation within the Comune di Susegana and very near the Piave river. As all “Rive,” the vineyard is on the steepest part of the slope near the peak and is considered by the family to be their finest Borgoluce vineyard.
- Altitude: 200 – 300 meters
- Exposure: East, South-East
- Soils: morainic origin, clay soils with a high concentration of calcium carbonate
- Vine training systems: ‘Doppio capovolto’ and Sylvoz methods
- Average annual temperature change: 20 – 21 °C
- Harvested in September 2017
- Temperate year, with hot but not oppressive summer
- Soft whole cluster pressing, fermented with carefully selected yeasts at 10 °C
- Aged on fine lees for 5 months
- Prise de mousse: Charmat method, refermentation in autoclaves at 15 – 16°C
- Cold stabilized at -1°C
- Microfiltered at bottling
Straw-yellow color. A very open fragrance, with a persistent note of white flowers and hints of wisteria and acacia. Full, rich and intense on the palate. Minute, fine and persistent perlage.
100% Glera; Alcohol: 11.5%; soils clay with a high concentration of calcium carbonate, on the steepest part of hill, at the southern edge of Valdobbiadene near the Piave river; base wine aged on fine lees 5 months; Charmat method with secondary fermentation at 15 – 16° C and cold stabilization at -1 °C. Microfiltered at bottling.
- 100% Glera
- Alcohol: 11.5%
- TA: 6 g/L
- pH: 3.20
- Residual sugar: 3 g/L
- Dry extract: 19 g/L
- IL RIVE is a special designation within the DOCG appellation of Conegliano Valdobbiadene
- IL RIVE, available only in the fully sparkling style, represents the essence of terroi.
- They are produced exclusively from grapes that come from a single Commune or hamlet/village, thus highlighting the characteristics that a particular area confers on its wine
- The Rive wines allow one to get to know the manifold expressions of Conegliano Valdobbiadene in detail
- The term “Rive” indicates, in the local dialect, vineyards that are on steep ground, and the aim of the category is to underline the special quality of – and the many differences between – the various sites within the Denomination.
- For the “Rive” maximum yields are reduced to 13 tons per hectare
- Grapes must be picked by hand and the vintage must be shown on the label
In the Conegliano Valdobbiadene zone there are 43 Rive, which offer an equal number of distinct territorial expressions.
|Proprietors||Trinidad, Giuliana, Ninni & Caterina Collalto (mother & daughters)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|