The Collaltos carry on a family legacy as owners and tenants of 3200 acres of land north of Venice given to their family over one thousand years ago. The signs of history, culture and nature co-exist with farming practices that fully respect what is a centuries-long tradition passed down by the Collalto family. 160 acres of farmland are given over to vineyards for the production of Borgoluce wines and sparkling wines. The Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. region is home to the vineyards of Borgoluce’s finest Prosecco.
Rive Collalto is located roughly half way between the towns of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene at the southern edge of the Valdobbiadene appellation within the Comune di Susegana and very near the Piave river. As all “Rive,” the vineyard is on the steepest part of the slope near the peak and is considered by the family to be their finest Borgoluce vineyard.
- Altitude: 200 – 300 meters
- Exposure: East, South-East
- Soils: morainic origin, clay soils with a high concentration of calcium carbonate
- Vine training systems: ‘Doppio capovolto’ and Sylvoz methods
- Average annual temperature change: 20 – 21 °C
- Harvested in September 2087
- Temperate year, with hot but not oppressive summer
- Soft whole cluster pressing, fermented with carefully selected yeasts at 10 °C
- Aged on fine lees for 5 months
- Prise de mousse: Charmat method, refermentation in autoclaves at 15 – 16°C
- Cold stabilized at -1°C
- Microfiltered at bottling
Straw-yellow color. A very open fragrance, with a persistent note of white flowers and hints of wisteria and acacia. Full, rich and intense on the palate. Minute, fine and persistent perlage.
100% Glera; Alcohol: 11.5%; soils clay with a high concentration of calcium carbonate, on the steepest part of hill, at the southern edge of Valdobbiadene near the Piave river; base wine aged on fine lees 5 months; Charmat method with secondary fermentation at 15 – 16° C and cold stabilization at -1 °C. Microfiltered at bottling.
- 100% Glera
- Alcohol: 11.5%
- TA: 6 g/L
- pH: 3.20
- Residual sugar: 3 g/L
- Dry extract: 19 g/L
Dry and crisp, this elegant vibrant sparkler has delicate scents of spring wildflower, white stone fruit and a whiff of wild herb. The bright creamy palate boasts yellow apple, Bartlett pear and a hint white almond alongside a silky perlage before a dry finish.
|Proprietors||Trinidad, Giuliana, Ninni & Caterina Collalto (mother & daughters)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|