Château Rocher Corbin
For the past ten years Philippe Durand has been making impressive investments and improvements at Château ROCHER CORBIN. Just northwest of the town of Montagne the Château is perfectly situated on the western slope of the Calon mound at the highest point in the area of Montagne Saint-Emilion.
Grapes / Soils
|Merlot (80%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%)||Planted 1875 & 1935 (15%), 1985||Limestone & clay||10.5 ha|
- The single estate vineyard of Chateau Rocher Corbin consists of 1.5 hectares in one block, perfectly situated on the western slope of the Calon mound at the highest point in the area.
- This vineyard site provides maximum exposure to the sun and perfect natural irrigation.
- The wine comes from vines that average 45 years old. 15% of the vineyard has vines more than 80 years old and includes a 140-year-old Merlot parcel!
- Deep dark red robe with purple hues.
- Juicy and yummy nose of dark fruits, menthol and fine violet notes.
- Gorgeous palate, ample, sappy and delicate, with generous but “powdery” elegant end tender tannins. Showing great potential, but so irresistable now. A huge 2009, a collectible Rocher Corbin…if you resist.
- Made from Merlot (80%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%) grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1875 & 1935 (15%), 1985.
- Grown on soils of limestone & clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged in oak barrels.
- Varietal Breakdown: 80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Hand Harvested/Organic Agriculture Practices.
- Aged in Oak Barrels.
- Terroir: Limestone, clay.
|Annual Production||2,200 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, bio-dynamic)||Organic|