Château Rocher Corbin
For the past ten years Philippe Durand has been making impressive investments and improvements at Château ROCHER CORBIN. Just northwest of the town of Montagne the Château is perfectly situated on the western slope of the Calon mound at the highest point in the area of Montagne Saint-Emilion.
Grapes / Soils
|Merlot (80%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%)||Planted 1875 & 1935 (15%), 1985||Limestone & clay||10.5 ha|
- The single estate vineyard of Chateau Rocher Corbin consists of 10.5 hectares in one block, pefrectly situated on the western slope of the Calon mound at the highest point in the area.
- This vineyard site provides maximum exposure to the sun and perfect natural irrigation.
- The wine comes from vines that average 45 years old. 15% of the vineyard has vines more than 80 years old and includes a 140-year-old Merlot parcel!
- Hand harvested.
- 12 to 14 months aging in French oak barrels, 50% new
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 42,000
- Dark ruby color with such a mellow and deep nose, hard to wait to taste.
- Warm and full nose on very ripe berries, blackcurrant, black cherries and soft chocolate notes.
- Tender, silky and perfectly balanced palate and length, on cherries, toasted and dark coffee notes, all in perfect harmony.
- Full-bodied and viscous.
- Made from Merlot (80%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (20%) grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1875 & 1935 (15%), 1985.
- Grown on soils of limestone & clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged in oak barrels.
- Blend: Merlot (80%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (20%)
- Alcohol: 13.5%
|Annual Production||2,200 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, bio-dynamic)||Organic|