Château Rocher Corbin
For the past ten years Philippe Durand has been making impressive investments and improvements at Château ROCHER CORBIN. Just northwest of the town of Montagne the Château is perfectly situated on the western slope of the Calon mound at the highest point in the area of Montagne Saint-Emilion.
Grapes / Soils
|Merlot (85%), Cabernet Franc (15%)||Planted 1875 & 1935 (15%), 1985||Limestone & clay||10.5 ha|
- Single estate vineyard of Chateau Rocher Corbin consists of 10.5 hectares in one block, pefrectly situated on the western slope of the Calon mound at the highest point in the area
- Vineyard site provides maximum exposure to the sun and perfect natural irrigation
- Vines average 45 years old. 15% of the vineyard has vines more than 80 years old and includes a 140-year-old Merlot parcel
- Green covering over rows
- Short pruning, de-budding and leaf removal
- Hand harvested into 10 kilo baskets, two passes of careful sorting of each berry
- Short cold maceration, microxygenation
- Part of malolactic fermentation in new French oak barrels
- No sulfites used in fermentation
- Aged 13 months in 35% new French oak barrels
Already plenty in your nose and glass… Pure Rocher Corbin and big Bordeaux vintage. Dense and fleshy nose of ripe dark fruits, cherries, raspberries, red currant and dark chocolate notes. Ample, powerful and generous length.
85% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc; vine age – planted 1875 & 1935, 1985; soils of limestone and clay; fermented in French oak barrels and stainless steel tanks; no sulfites added; aged 13 months in French oak barrels; bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Blend: Merlot (85%) and Cabernet Franc (15%)
- Alcohol: 15%
- No sulfites added
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
A ripe and friendly style, with warm plum and raspberry compote flavors rolling through, accented by anise and ganache hints. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now through 2020.
|Annual Production||2,200 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, bio-dynamic)||Organic|