Château Rocher Corbin
Domaine de Rocher Corbin is a former farmstead of the Château Corbin, fiefdom of the Lord of Corbin in the Middle Ages. This property was acquired in the 1880s by Charles Durand. For four generations, Rocher Corbin has been passed down from father to son, with the same passion for vines and wine.
Since 1986, Philippe Durand has devoted himself to the modernization of the property, with the greatest respect for the terroir, the environment, and the traditional practices of vine cultivation.
Rocher Corbin, a 10-hectare (25.95 acres) property, stretches along the west coast of the Tertre de Calon, one of the highest points in the region, in the heart of the Montagne-Saint Emilion appellation, a few kilometers from Saint-Emilion, on the right bank of the Dordogne. This prime location, with great sun exposure, and well-draining clay-limestone soils make it a great terroir for the grape varieties (Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec) of the estate. The average vine age is 45 years with old vines ranging from 80 to over 140 years old.
Single vineyard in Saint-Émilion on slope of Calon mount, the highest point in the area.
- Vineyard Area: 25.95 acres / 10.5 ha
- Exposure: West – maximum sun exposure
- Soils: Clay and limestone
- Vine Age: Average 50 years. 15% are over 80 years, includes a small 150 year old Merlot parcel
- Green cover crops
- Short-pruning, de-budding and leaf removal through growing season
- Hand harvested into 10kg crates with strict berry selection
- 2nd sorting pass before destemming
- Short cold maceration and micoroxygenation before fermentation
- No sulfur added during vinification
- Part of malolactic fermentation in used French oak barrels
- Aged 14 months in used French oak barrels
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
Superb Cabernet Franc character of leather, plums and racy notes with mineral hints. The palate is fresh, superbly ripe, juicy, sappy and very elegant as it unfolds with sleek tannins.
Pair with crispy duck breast, dry-aged beef or on its own.
50% Cabernet Franc, 50% Merlot; alcohol: 14%; single estate vineyard plot on west slope of Calon mount in Saint-Émilion; clay and limestone soils; vines average 50 years, with a section of 80+ year old & small parcel of 150 year old Merlot; hand harvested; manual berry sorting both before and after destemming; malolactic fermentation in used French oak and stainless steel vessels; no sulfur added; aged 14 months in used French oak barrels; bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- 50% Cabernet Franc, 50% Merlot
- Alcohol: 14%
- No sulfur added in vinification
This family estate of 26 acres has given us a wine that is finely structured, dense both with fruit and tannins. Its blackberry fruits are impressive, offering both juiciness and great potential. Drink from 2025.
|Annual Production||2,200 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, bio-dynamic)||Organic|