Villa Collazzi is one of the most impressive estates in all of Tuscany. This architectural landmark was originally designed by Michelangelo in 1560 for his friend, Agostino Dini. It offers commanding views of the surrounding countryside. I Collazzi is a property of the Marchi brothers, Carlo and Bona. During the last decade the Marchi brothers invested heavily in the development of Collazzi’s farming business, renewing the vineyards and restructuring the cellar, with the goal of producing excellent wines.
Grapes / Soils
|Fiano 100%||Planted 2006||Sand and clay||4.9 acres|
- Vineyard location: Tuscany
- Vineyard Surface: 2.5 acres
- Altitude: 330 ft above sea level
- Exposure: East
- Soil Type: Sandy and clay soils
- Planting Density: 5,000 vines per acre
- Training System: Guyot
- Average age of the vines: 8 years
- Yield per Acre: 1.8 tons
- Time of Harvest: Second half of September.
- Harvest method: Manual, in little boxes to preserve the integrity of the clusters.
- Fermentation Vats: Stainless steel.
- Fermentation Temperature: Between 60.8 F and 64.4 Fahrenheit
- Length of fermentation: 20 days
- Maceration: One night long on the skins.
- Malolactic Fermentation: Partially
- Aging: Stainless steel vats.
- Length of Aging: 6 months
- Bottled Aging: 1 months
- Packaging Formats: Burgundy style bottles
- Made from Fiano 100% grapes.
- Vine age- planted 2006.
- Grown on soils of sand and clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel vats between 60°F and 64°F.
- Aged in stainless steel vats and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in the stainless steel vats and 1 month in the bottle.
The name Otto Muri refers to the eight walls which created the same number of terraces that together make up the vineyard.
|Proprietors||Carlo and Bona Marchi (brothers)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|