Villa Collazzi is one of the most impressive estates in all of Tuscany. This architectural landmark was originally designed by Michelangelo in 1560 for his friend, Agostino Dini. It offers commanding views of the surrounding countryside. I Collazzi is a property of the Marchi brothers, Carlo and Bona. During the last decade the Marchi brothers invested heavily in the development of Collazzi’s farming business, renewing the vineyards and restructuring the cellar, with the goal of producing excellent wines.
Grapes / Soils
|Fiano 100%||Planted 2006||Sand and clay||4.9 acres|
- Vineyard locations: Tuscany
- Appellation: I.G.T. Toscana
- Vineyard surface: 2.5 acres
- Altitude: 330 ft. above sea level
- Exposure: East
- Soil Type: Sandy and clay soils
- Planting density: 5,000 vines per acre
- Training system: Guyot
- Average age of the vines: 8 years
- Made from Fiano 100% grapes.
- Vine age – planted 2008.
- Grown on soils of sand and clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel vats between 60°F and 64°F.
- Aged in 1/3rd stainless steel vats, 1/3rd in Acacia wood barrels and 1/3rd in French Oak barrels.
- Aged for 6 months in the various vessels and 1 month in the bottle.
Grape Variety: Fiano
Fresh and clean white with apple, hints of cedar and honey. Medium body, bright acidity. Drink now.
|Proprietors||Carlo and Bona Marchi (brothers)|
|Annual Production||12,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|