Domaine de la Guilloterie
For six generations, from 1835, the Duveau family has produced wine at their estate, Domaine de La Guilloterie, in the Saumur Champigny region of the Loire Valley. Now, Patrice and Philippe Duveau carry on the family legacy and manage the 50 hectare (123 acre) estate.
Grapes / Soils
|Saumur Blanc||Chenin Blanc||Planted 1975 – 1995||Limestone-clay, Chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil||30 ha|
- Domaine de la Guilloterie plots devoted to the White Saumur Elegance production, are located in Breze, extremely reputed village and terroir for Chenin Blanc expression.
- Simple guyot training, base-buds removal and – for their Red Saumur – vine’s leaves removed if necessary.
- Grapes are harvested only when very ripe.
- Grapes are taken to a sorting table, perfectly cold pressed & settled with oxygenation of the must, cold (15 degree C) vinification and a few months aging process on the lees in small temperature controlled stainless steel tanks.
- Brilliant and full aromatic expression of the Chenin Blanc from this rich and amazing 2015 vintage, but remaining crunchy and zesty, with floral and multiple white fruits juices’ nose.
- Superbly ripe palate in perfect harmony with the nose, keeping the great and unique « Elegance » signature and characteristics on white fruits, citrus, anise and flowers, ending balanced with the proper acidity.
- Made from Chenin Blanc grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1975 – 1995.
- Grown on soils of Limestone-clay, Chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged for 3 months.
- Blend: Chenin Blanc (100%)
- Alcohol: 13.0%
This is very energetic, with fennel, star fruit, yellow apple and quince notes carried by filigreed acidity and backed by racy verbena and mineral accents. A delight. Best from 2017 through 2022.
|Proprietors||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Winemaker||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Annual Production||4,500 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|