Domaine de la Guilloterie
For six generations, from 1835, the Duveau family has produced wine at their estate, Domaine de La Guilloterie, in the Saumur Champigny region of the Loire Valley. Now, Patrice and Philippe Duveau carry on the family legacy and manage the 50 hectare (123 acre) estate.
Grapes / Soils
|Saumur Blanc||Chenin Blanc||Planted 1975 – 1995||Limestone-clay, Chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil||30 ha|
Domaine de la Guilloterie plots devoted to the White Saumur Elégance production, are located in Brézé, extremely reputed village and terrior for the Chenin expression and fruitiness, thanks to stones and few flint in addition to the limestone-clay, chalky terrior. Simple guyot cut, base-buds removal and – as for their Red Saumur-vines – leaves removing if necessary.
- Region: Loire Valley
- Appellation: Saumur Blanc
- Terroir: Limestone-clay soil in Brézé chalky soil called “Tuffeau” with few flint
- Info: 50 Ha (123.50 acres) total vineyard within 120 different plots – 2 Ha (4.82 acres) devoted to Tradition Saumur Blanc Elégance. 20 to 40 year old Chenin vines.
- Harvesting is done on purpose with nearly over-ripped grapes (end of Sept. – early Oct. for the 2016 vintage), sorting table, perfect cold pressing & settling with oxygenation of the must, cold (15°C) vinification.
- Fermentation and few months aging on less in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks. Unfined – filtered.
- Clean, bright and crispy floral nose with citrus fruits, white peaches and mango notes.
- Superbly ripe, fresh and zesty palate with the perfect acidity & balance.
- Harmonious, crunchy and ample floral length with mineral accents.
- Food Pairing: L. & Patrice Duveau suggest sea scallops’ risotto
- Made from Chenin Blanc grapes. Vine age – planted 1975 – 1995.
- Grown on soils of Limestone-clay, Chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged for 3 months.
Varietal: 100% Chenin Blanc
Fresh, with light-bodied pear, Key lime and green almond notes streaming through atop filigreed acidity. Pretty wine. Drink now through 2020.
|Proprietors||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Winemaker||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Annual Production||4,500 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|