Domaine de la Guilloterie
For six generations, from 1835, the Duveau family has produced wine at their estate, Domaine de La Guilloterie, in the Saumur Champigny region of the Loire Valley. Now, Patrice and Philippe Duveau carry on the family legacy and manage the 50 hectare (123 acre) estate.
Grapes / Soils
|Saumur Blanc||Chenin Blanc||20 to 40 year old Chenin vines||Limestone-clay, Chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil with few flint||50 ha|
Domaine de la Guilloterie plots devoted to the White Saumur Elégance production, are located in Brézé, extremely reputed village and terrior for the Chenin expression and fruitiness, thanks to stones and few flint in addition to the limestone-clay, chalky terrior. Simple guyot cut, base-buds removal and – as for their Red Saumur-vines – leaves removing if necessary.
- Region: Loire Valley
- Appellation: Saumur Blanc
- Terroir: Limestone-clay soil in Brézé chalky soil called “Tuffeau” with few flint
- Info: 50 Ha (123.50 acres) total vineyard within 120 different plots – 2 Ha (4.82 acres) devoted to Tradition Saumur Blanc Elégance. 20 to 40 year old Chenin vines.
- The vineyard is conducted under Sustainable Agriculture principles
- 100% green covering, leaf removing is performed when necessary to reach the best maturity
- Sorting table and no sulfite added on harvest or in vinification process
- Perfect cold pressing & setting with oxygenation of the must
- Cold vinifcation and few month ageing process on lees in small thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks
- Fresh, crisp and fruity nose of pear, flowers and anise notes
- Very ample, full and elegant palate, keeping the perfect acidity.
- Delivering nose complexity aromas with mineral and rather opulent length.
- Food Pairing: Producer Patrice Duveau suggest sea scallops’ risotto
- Made from Chenin Blanc grapes. Vine age – 20-40 years old.
- Grown on soils of Limestone-clay, Chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged in stainless steel tanks.
- Aged for 3 months.
- Varietal: 100% Chenin Blanc
- Alcohol: 13%
|Proprietors||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Winemaker||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Annual Production||4,500 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|