Domaine de la Guilloterie
For six generations, from 1835, the Duveau family has produced wine at their estate, Domaine de La Guilloterie, in the Saumur Champigny region of the Loire Valley. Now, Patrice and Philippe Duveau carry on the family legacy and manage the 50 hectare (123 acre) estate.
Grapes / Soils
|Saumur Blanc||Chenin Blanc||20 to 40 year old Chenin vines||Limestone-clay, Chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil with few flint|
Domaine de la Guilloterie plots devoted to the White Saumur Elégance production, are located in Brézé, an extremely reputed village and terrior for the Chenin expression and fruitiness, thanks to stones and few flint in addition to the limestone-clay, chalky terrior.
- Terroir: Limestone-clay soil in Brézé chalky soil called “Tuffeau” with few flint
- 50 Ha (123.50 acres) total vineyard within 120 different plots – 2 Ha (4.82 acres) devoted to Tradition Saumur Blanc Elégance.
- Training system: Simple guyot
- 100% native green cover crops
- Selective leaf removal
- Vineyard is conducted under Sustainable Agriculture principles
- Careful berry selection on sorting table
- No sulfites added at harvest or in vinification process
- Cold vinifcation and few month ageing process on lees in small thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks
Clean, ample and aromatically rich nose with dominant pear notes. Balanced, long and nearly velvety length, reflecting a superb ripeness and long aging on lees.
100% Chenin Blanc; vine age – 20-40 years old; limestone-clay soils with chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil; fermented and vinified without sulfites in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks; bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- 100% Chenin Blanc grapes
- Vine age: 20-40 years old
- Grown on soils of Limestone-clay, chalky “Tuffeau” subsoil with some flint
- Fermented and aged on lees in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
Shows plumpness, with beeswax, yellow apple and cardamom notes, while focused acidity runs throughout, delivering vibrancy. This is nicely balanced and complex, introducing a savory side on the finish. Drink now through 2028.
|Proprietors||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Winemaker||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Annual Production||4,500 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|