Domaine de la Guilloterie
For six generations, from 1835, the Duveau family has produced wine at their estate, Domaine de La Guilloterie, in the Saumur Champigny region of the Loire Valley. Now, Patrice and Philippe Duveau carry on the family legacy and manage the 50 hectare (123 acre) estate.
Estate vineyard plots owned for 6 generations by the Duveau family in Brézé, south of the Loire river.
- Soils: Limestone-clay, with a chalky subsoil called “Tuffeau,” rocky with some flint content
- Vineyard area: 2 ha / 4.82 acres
- Vine age: 20 – 40 years
- Vine Training System: Simple Guyot
- 100% native grass cover to promote healthy soils
- Selective leaf removal
- Vineyard certified Sustainable HEV 2 – high environmental value
- Hand harvested with careful berry selection on the sorting table
- No sulfites added
- Cold soak and pressing
- Fermetation at 15º C in small, temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks
- Aged on lees for a few months in small stainless steel tanks
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
Fresh and crunchy nose with pear, citrus, beeswax dominance and a little nutiness. Balanced and vibrant palate and length, with perfect acidity. Bright and extraordinarily aromatic.
Pair with sea scallop risotto.
100% Chenin Blanc; alcohol: 14.1%; vineyards in Brézé, south of the Loire river; 20 – 40 year old vines planted in limestone-clay, with a chalky subsoil called “Tuffeau,” rocky with some flint; vineyard sustainably certified HEV level 2; hand harvested with careful berry selection on sorting table; no sulfites added; cold soak and press; fermentation at 15º C in small, temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks; aged a few months on lees in tank; bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- 100% Chenin Blanc
- Alcohol: 14.1%
- Sustainable Agriculture HVE 2 Certified
|Proprietors||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Winemaker||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Annual Production||4,500 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|