Domaine de la Guilloterie
For six generations, from 1835, the Duveau family has produced wine at their estate, Domaine de La Guilloterie, in the Saumur Champigny region of the Loire Valley. Now, Patrice and Philippe Duveau carry on the family legacy and manage the 50 hectare (123 acre) estate.
Estate vineyards owned for 6 generations by the Duveau family in Saint-Cyr en Bourg, south of the Loire river.
- Soils: Limestone-clay, with a chalky subsoil called “Tuffeau,” well-draining and fast-warming
- Vineyard area: 10.5 ha / 25.3 acres
- Vine age: 10 – 35 years
- 100% native grass cover to promote healthy soils
- Selective leaf removal
- Vineyard certified Sustainable HEV 2 – high environmental value
- Hand harvested with precise berry selection on a sorting table
- Destemming, then maceration for 14 – 18 days in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks
- Aged 10 months in tank at controlled temperatures
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
Deep garnet, nearly black color. Intense and complex nose of ripe red and black fruits, with licorice notes. The wine offers a suave, velvety and ample palate with round and chewy tannins. A delicious and fruity length with long-lasting fragrance. Such a gentle wine with smooth, silky tannins and deep, ripe, generous fruit. Gourmand, with great substance.
100% Cabernet Franc; Alcohol 14%; vineyards just south of Loire river; 10 – 35 year old vines; “Tuffeau” soils of limestone-clay with chalky subsoil; vineyard sustainably certified HEV level 2; fermented in stainless steel tanks 14 -18 days; aged in tank 10 months; bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- 100% Cabernet Franc
- Alcohol: 14%
- Sustainable Agriculture HVE 2 Certified
Classic stalky, smoky red-fruit flavors set the scene for a ripe, bright and still-young wine. Floral and spicy, the wine has red-currant and berry flavors and will age well. Drink from 2022.
A lovely beam of savory-laced dark cherry fruit forms the core here, while subtle hints of dried flowers and olive peek through on the finish, with lingering minerality. Pretty. Drink now through 2024. 4,165 cases made, 560 cases imported.
|Proprietors||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Winemaker||Patrice and Philippe Duveau|
|Annual Production||4,500 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|