Domaine du Pré Semelé
Domaine du Pré Semelé lies in a tiny valley a few miles northwest of the hilltop town of Sancerre. The estate is managed by the third generation of the family Raimbault, brothers Julien and Clément, vigneron and winemaker, respectively. They are guided by their father Rémy, who has worked their vineyards for decades with his brother Claude. This is another wonderful example of the younger generation taking over the reigns of a family estate and elevating it to a new higher level.
- Vineyard Area: 1 acre
- Soils: Portlandian limestone with Kimmeridgian limestone subsoil
- Exposure: Southeast
- Age of vines: 50 years
- Planting Density: 2630 vines/acre
- Organic vineyard management since 2018
- Soils plowed, grass cover crops between rows
- No chemical herbicides, insecticides or anti-rot products
- Hand harvested into 55 lb crates
- 3.5 hour gentle pressing, each lot vinified separately
- 48 hours cold stabilization at 46º F
- Neutral yeasts
- Fermented and aged in temperature controlled 158 gallon casks for 12 months
- Aged on fine lees
- Fined with bentonite (natural clay)
- Cellulose filtered and bottled
“Le Cotelin” is a sunny terroir that yields a rich, complex wine with gorgeous volume and a balanced finish with excellent cellaring potential.
Serve with grilled fish, white meat, or goat cheeses.
100% Sauvignon Blanc; alcohol 13%; grown in Portlandian limestone with Kimmeridgian limestone subsoils; 50 year old vines; Organic vineyard management since 2018; hand harvested; long, gentle pressing; 48 hrs cold stabilization; fermented and aged in temperature controlled 600 liter casks; aged on fine lees 12 months; fined with bentonite and cellulose filtered before bottling.
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc grapes
- Alcohol: 13%
- Total Acidity: 4.29 g/l
- Residual Sugar: 1.23 g/l
|Proprietors||Rémy, Clément & Julien Raimbault|
|Annual Production||7,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|