Domaine du Pré Semelé
Domaine du Pré Semelé lies in a tiny valley a few miles northwest of the hilltop town of Sancerre. The estate is managed by the third generation of the family Raimbault, brothers Julien and Clément, vigneron and winemaker, respectively. They are guided by their father Rémy, who has worked their vineyards for decades with his brother Claude. This is another wonderful example of the younger generation taking over the reigns of a family estate and elevating it to a new higher level.
- Vineyard Area: 2 ha / 4.9 acres
- Soils: Calcareous clay with limestone subsoil
- Vine Age: 5 – 40 years
- Vine Planting Density: 6500 vines/ha
- Organically oriented vineyard management
- No herbicides, pesticides or anti-rot products
- Careful machine harvesting and sorting
- Each lot vinified separately
- 3.5 hr gentle pressing
- Cold stabilization at 8º C for 48 hours
- Fermented with neutral yeasts for 3 weeks in stainless steel tanks at 15 – 18º C
- Wines racked and blended when fermentation complete
- Fined with bentonite (natural clay)
- Filtered with cellulose
With its pale salmon pink hues, this Sancerre Rosé reveals scents of red berries complemented by the refreshing nuance of sweet-sour candy. The palate combines power, volume and freshness.
A harmonious wine perfect as an aperitif and for barbeques.
100% Pinot Noir; alcohol: 14%; vineyard in Sancerre; grown in calcareous clay with limestone subsoil; organically oriented farming, no herbicides or pesticides used; each lot vinified separately; cold stabilized before 3 week fermentation in stainless steel tanks at 15 – 18º C; fined with bentonite (natural clay) and cellulose filtered – vegetarian friendly.
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 14%
- Total Acidity: 4.08 g/l
|Proprietors||Rémy, Clément & Julien Raimbault|
|Annual Production||7,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|