Consumers and the press alike view Domaine Dugat-Py as one of the vin de garde Pinot Noir producers in the world. The Domaine also produces and bottles wine under the label of Bernard Dugat-Py.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Planted 1964||0.21 ha|
- Total Size: 9.10 ha (22.5 acres)
- Winery Holdings: 0.79 ha (1.97 acre)
- This vineyard is divided into two climats: Les Mazis-Hauts and Les Mazis-Bas. It just about straddles the 919 foot elevation line, sitting above fissured slabs of rock allowing root penetration and is located adjacent and north of the Clos de Bèze vineyard and west of the Route des Grande Crus. The fine soil is well drained due to the northern falling slope.
- Only Pinot Noir is planted.
- Mazis is the plural form of ancient French Masel or Masil “house in the country”.
- Only been treated with organic preparations since 2003.
- Traditional vinification is used.
- The wine sees 16 to 18 months ageing in oak casks, 100% new.
- Bottled non-filtered.
Wine for laying down, but can be appreciated when young after carafing for several hours before serving.
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1964.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks, using naturally occurring yeast.
- Aged in 100% new oak casks.
- Aged for 16-18 months.
- Bottled unfiltered.
- Grape variety – 100% Pinot Noir
- Traditional vinification
- 16 to 18 months aging in 100% new oak casks
- Non filtered wine
|Appellation(s)||Gevrey-Chambertin, + others in Côte de Nuits|
|Proprietors||Bernard Dugat, Jacqueline Py|
|Annual Production||1,800 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|