Not long after purchasing vineyards in the late 1960s and releasing his first wines in the early 1970s Jacques Seysses became an international icon. Jacques respect for the terroir of the Côte d’Or is still on display in his viticultural practices and innovative winemaking methods. Dujac wines are more than just varietally correct – they are intimate travelogues of some of the most celebrated sites on earth. Sons Jeremy and Alec along with Jeremy’s wife, Diana, have been handed the reigns of this famous estate.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Clay & limestone||0.78 ha|
- Total Vineyards: 64.08 ha (158.3 acres)
- Winery Holdings: 0.65 ha (1.63 acres)
- Home to 5 Grand Cru vineyards, 20 Premier Cru Climats and 26 AOC Lieux-dits. Grand Cru vineyards grow only red grapes. Premier Cru and AOC vineyards grow both red and white grapes.
- The vines of Domaine Dujac have been organically farmed since 2001
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Grown on soils of clay & limestone.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks, using naturally occurring yeast.
- Aged in 50% new and 50% one year old French barrique.
- Aged for 18 months.
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered.
|Appellation(s)||Morey-St-Denis, + others in Côte de Nuits|
|Proprietors||Jacques and Rozalind Seysses|
|Annual Production||2,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable, organic, biodynamic|