In May 2014, Jean-Baptiste Adam and his family celebrated the 400th anniversary of their family being grape growers and winemakers in Ammerschwihr, Alsace, France. Jean-Baptiste’s daughter, Laure, is the 15th generation to participate in the family wine business. Through the centuries family members have been leaders in their community. Now, Jean-Baptiste can count himself among the leaders of biodynamic farming in Alsace. Jean-Baptiste Adam produces wines of elegance, balance, minerality and longevity.
Grapes / Soils
|Riesling||Planted 1975 – 2010||Granite||5 acres|
- Size of vineyard: 5 acres
- Soil composition: Granite
- Training method: Double Guyot
- Elevation: 656 ft.
- Exposure: Southeast
- Year vineyard planted: From 1975 to 2010
- Hand harvested and pneumatically pressed
- Fermentation container: French century wooden cask
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: between 4 and 5 months
- Fermentation temperature: Controlled at 20°C
- Aging container: century wooden cask
- Length of aging before bottling: Between 8 and 12 months
- Length of bottle aging: Minimum of 12 months
Here is a Riesling full of body! We distinguish notes of fresh lemon, white flowers and lime aromas. The attack is well structured with vivacity, full and lively. Crispy and refreshing, this Riesling will please lovers of dry, expressive, and complex white wines.
Pair with seafood, sushi, fish and goat cheese.
100% Riesling; alcohol: 13%; slate soils; vines planted 1975 – 2010; hand harvested; fermented and aged in century wooden casks at 20°C; aged 8 – 12 months in cask; aged 12 months in bottle before release.
- 100% Riesling grapes
- Alcohol: 13%
- Residual Sugar: 2 g/L
- Total Acidity: 4.5 g/L
|Appellation(s)||AOP ALSACE – AOP CREMANT D’ALSACE- AOP ALSACE GRAND CRU -AOP VENDANDES TARDIVES- AOP SELECTION DE GRAINS NOBLES|
|Annual Production||600 000 to 800 000 BOTTLES|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||ORGANIC AND BIODYNAMIC CERTIFIED ORAGNIC AND DEMETER|