The Gouron family has been producing wine for five generations at their estate in Cravant-les-Côteaux just east of the village of Chinon. Laurent and Stéphane Gouron tend the 72 acre La Varenne estate which is surrounded by forests. All of their vineyards are located within the Appellation of Chinon.
Grapes / Soils
|Cabernet Franc||Planted 1980 – 1995||Gravelly-sandy & sandy-limestone||26 ha|
- Throughout the year, they take great care of their vines to get the best maturity and natural lower yields.
- The gravelly-sandy and silex soils on the plain, or the sandy-limestone hilltops provide unctuous and tender fruity wines blended for La Varenne Tradition Cuvee.
- 30 Hectares in total.
- Aging in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks.
- Sustainable Agriculture Practices.
- 20 to 35 year old vines.
- Made from Cabernet Franc grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980 – 1995.
- Grown on soils of Gravelly-sandy & sandy-limestone.
- Fermented in thermo-controlled stainless steel tanks.
- Aged in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks.
100% Cabernet Franc
|Proprietors||Laurent & and Stéphane Gouron|
|Annual Production||5,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|