The Gouron family has been producing wine for five generations at their estate in Cravant-les-Côteaux just east of the village of Chinon. Laurent and Stéphane Gouron tend the 72 acre La Varenne estate which is surrounded by forests. All of their vineyards are located within the Appellation of Chinon.
Grapes / Soils
|Cabernet Franc||Planted 1965||Gravelly limestone||4 ha|
Made from 50 year old vines, naturally providing lower yields and more concentrated fruits, planted on predominantly gravelly soils, and rocky terraces.
- 30 Hectares – 4 hectares devoted to Les Pierres Blanches
- Aging in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks
- Sustainable Agriculture Practices
- 50 year old vines – 40 to 45 hectares yield
- Made from Cabernet Franc grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1965.
- Grown on soils of Gravelly limestone.
- Fermented in thermo-controlled stainless steel tanks.
- Aged in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks.
- 100% Cabernet Franc
|Proprietors||Laurent & and Stéphane Gouron|
|Annual Production||5,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|