Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Bianco||Planted 1970||Clay and Calcareous||3 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and Calcareous
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation (feet): 50
- Vines/acre: 4500
- Yield/acre (tons): 7
- Exposure: north-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1970
- Aging container: Stainless steel + Oak barrel
- Size of aging containers: 225
- Age of Ageing Containers: 20% new, balance 2/3 years old
- Cooperage: French
- Length of aging before bottling: 6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2/3 months
- Varietal composition: 100% Pinot Bianco
- Harvest time: September
- First vintage of this wine: 1975
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 25,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation (days): 20
- Fermentation temperature (°F): 60
- Made from Pinot Bianco grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1970.
- Grown on soils of Clay and Calcareous.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel and French Oak barrel, 20% new, 80% 2/3 years old and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel and oak barrels, 2/3 months in bottle.
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH level: 3.35
- Residual sugar (grams/liter): 2.5
- Acidity (grams/liter): 5.3
- Dry extract (grams/liter): 19.34
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|