Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Grigio||Planted 1980||Clay and limestone||10 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and calcareous
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation (feet): 50
- Vines/acre: 4500
- Yield/acre: (tons) 7
- Exposure: north-south
- Year vineyard planted : 1980
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation (days): 20
- Fermentation temperature (°F): 60
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: 6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2/3 months
- Varietal composition: 100% Pinot Grigio
- Harvest time: September
- First vintage of this wine: 1985
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 70,000
- Made from Pinot Grigio grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980.
- Grown on soils of Clay and limestone.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel and, 2-3 months in the bottle.
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH level: 3.38
- Residual sugar (grams/liter): 2.5
- Acidity (grams/liter): 5.2
- Dry extract (grams/liter): 19.33
Tinged a pale pink, this racy white shows lots of ground white pepper and pink grapefruit zest notes, with a streak of smoky minerality that carries the crunchy pear and white peach fruit. – Also given “3 bicchieri” 3 times by Gambero Rosso.
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|