Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Rofosco dal Peduncolo Rosso||Planted 1980||Clay and limestone||3 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and limestone
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 ft.
- Vines/acre: 4,500
- Yield/acre: 7 tons
- Exposure: North-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1980
- Harvest time: Early October
- First vintage of this wine: 1990
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 35,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 20 days
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: 6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2-3 months
- The vine Refosco gives a wine red garnet with purple hues.
- The nose is intense and fruity, with notes of blackberry and wild berries.
- Flavorful, tannic, full-bodied. Pairs well with baked red meat and game.
- Made from Rofosco dal Peduncolo Rosso grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980.
- Grown on soils of Clay and limestone.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in Stainless steel and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel and 2-3 months in the bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH level: 3.46
- Residual sugar: 2.5 g/l
- Acidity: 4.9 g/l
- Dry extract: 26.48 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|