Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Friulano||Planted 1980||Clay and Calcareous||3 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and limestone
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 4,500
- Yield/acre: 7 tons
- Exposure: North-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1980
- Harvest time: End of August
- First vintage of this wine: 1985
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 30,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 20 days
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: 6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2-3 months
- Straw yellow, tending toward greenish.
- Fine, delicate,intense characterised by notes of fruit and flowers.
- Fresh, dry, soft, smooth to the palate with distinct flavour.
- Very full with good acidity.
- Ideal as an aperitif, pairs well with soups, San Daniele prosciutto and savoury fish dishes.
- Made from Friulano grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980.
- Grown on soils of Clay and Calcareous.
- Fermented in Stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel, aged 2/3 months in bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Friulano
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH level: 3.42
- Residual sugar: 2.5 g/l
- Acidity: 5.3 g/l
- Dry extract: 19.61 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|