Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Bianco||Planted 1970||Clay and Calcareous||3 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and limestone
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 4,500
- Yield/acre: 7 tons
- Exposure: north-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1970
- Harvest time: September
- First Vintage of this wine: 1975
- Number of bottles produced: 25,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless Steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 20 days
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless Steel
- Size of aging containers: 500 liters
- Length of ageing before bottling: 5 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2-3 months
- Made from Pinot Bianco grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1970.
- Grown on soils of clay and calcareous.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel and 2-3 months in bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Pinot Bianco
- pH Level: 3.35
- Residual Sugar: 2.5 g/l
- Acidity: 5.3 g/l
- Dry Extract: 19.34 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|