Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Grigio||Planted 1980||Clay and limestone||10 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and limestone
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 4,500
- Yield/acre: 7 tons
- Exposure: North-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1980
- Harvest time: September
- First vintage of this wine: 1985
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 70,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 20 days
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: 6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2-3 months
- Amber yellow with light copper tints.
- The wine exhibits pungent bouquets with floral, very persistent notes.
- On the palate, we can taste evident sensations of white fruit giving the wine freshness and softness.
- Excellent accompaniment with soups and egg and fish dishes.
- Made from Pinot Grigio grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980.
- Grown on soils of Clay and limestone.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel and, 2-3 months in the bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Pinot Grigio
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH level: 3.38
- Residual sugar: 2.5 g/l
- Acidity: 5.2 g/l
- Dry extract: 19.33 g/l
A meaty and salty Pinot Grigio with cantaloupe flavors, this has enough structure and concentration to stand up to grilled mackerel. Rated a Best Buy and one of the Year’s Best Friuli & Slovenia.
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|