Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Ribolla Gialla||Planted 2001||Clay and Calcareous||2 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and calcareous
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 4,500
- Yield/acre: 7 tons
- Exposure: 7
- Year vineyard planted: 2001
- Harvest time: End of August
- First vintage of this wine: 2008
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 16,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 20 days
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: 6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2-3 months
- Bright straw yellow.
- Characteristic intense and marked with floral nuances and a hint of grass.
- Fresh and elegant on the palate, with balanced acidity and sapidity, mineral aftertaste with good persistance.
- Excellent as an aperitif, goes well with soups, and savoury fish dishes.
- Made from Ribolla Gialla grapes.
- Vine age – planted 2001.
- Grown on soils of Clay and Calcareous.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel and, 2-3 months in the bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Ribolla Gialla
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- pH level: 3.33
- Residual sugar: 2.5 g/l
- Acidity: 5.6 g/l
- Dry extract: 19.56 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|