Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Cabernet Franc||Planted 1980||Clay and Calcareous||3 ha|
- Soil Composition: Argilaceous, Calcareous
- Training Method: Guyot
- Elevation (feet): 60
- Exposure: North South
- Year Vineyard Planted: 1980
- Harvest Time: Early October
- First vintage of this wine: 2008
- Fermentation Container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 18 days
- Fermentation temperature: 71°F
- Aging container: Stainless steel & Oak barrel. 30-40% of the wine is aged in a combination of first and second passage barrique, 9 HL tonneau and 50 HL French oak barrels for 4-6 months.
- Color: Intense red ruby with garnet tints.
- Nose: Rich, persistent bouquet with intense hints of jam, good intensity, balanced.
- Flavor: Elegant, aromatic and highly persistent. Light in the mouth, with good expansion and acidity enabling good balance.
- Parings: Pairs well with red meat, chicken and game.
- Made from Cabernet Franc grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980.
- Grown on soils of clay and calcareous.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel with 30-40% of the wine aged in a combination of first and second passage barrique, 9 HL tonneau and 50 HL French oak barrels for 4-6 months.
- Bottle aged 2-3 months.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Cabernet Franc
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH Level: 3.5
- Acidity: 5.2 g/L
- Dry Extract: 26 g/L
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|