Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Chardonnay||Planted 1991||Clay and Calcareous||3 ha|
- Denomination: Doc Friuli Grave
- Soil: Argillaceious, calcareous, rich in micro-elements
- yield per Hectare: 90q/hectare
- Training System: Guyot, with a density of 4000 plants/ha
- Vineyard age: 25 years
- Harvest: Early September
- Vinification: After a brief decantation, the must is transferred and fermented at a controlled temperature. Once fermentation is completed it remains in contact with the fine dregs until March.
- Cellaring potential: 3-4 years from production
- Color: Bright straw yellow
- Serving Temp: Approx. 8-10°C
- Nose & Taste: Distinctive and elegant with fruity notes of apple, banana, vanilla and a fragrant aroma of white flowers. Fresh, lively and highly pleasurable with optimal persistence.
- Pairings: Excellent as an aperitif, goes well with soups, risotto, white meat and fish courses.
- Made from Chardonnay grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1991.
- Grown on soils of Clay and limestone.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged on the lees for 6 months in stainless steel and, 2-3 months in the bottle.
- Grape Variety: Chardonnay 100%
- Alcohol: 13.0%
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|