Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Bianco||Planted 1970||Clay and Calcareous||3 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and limestone
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 3,500
- Yield/acre: 7 tons
- Exposure: north-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1970
- Harvest time: late September
- First Vintage of this wine: 1975
- Number of bottles produced: 25,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless Steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 20 days
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless Steel; 5% of the wine is aged in first and second passage 9 HL tonneau oak barrels for 6 months.
- Size of aging containers: 500 liters
- Length of ageing before bottling: 5 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2-3 months
- Color: Straw yellow laden with bright golden tints.
- Nose: Aroma of exotic ripe fruit, white peach, notes of sweet spices.
- Taste: Smooth and warm in the mouth while also enveloping, balanced and rich aromas.
- Pairings: Excellent with fish starters, its body also allows interesting contrasts when matched with white meat and baked fish.
- Made from Pinot Bianco grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1970.
- Grown on soils of clay and calcareous.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel with 5% of the wine aged in first and second passage 9 HL tonneau oak barrels for 6 months.
- Aged 2-3 months in bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Pinot Bianco
- pH Level: 3.35
- Residual Sugar: 2.5 g/l
- Acidity: 5.3 g/l
- Dry Extract: 19.34 g/l
- Alcohol: 13.0%
Bright pale yellow-green. Cool, enticing nose offers lemon peel, beeswax, white flowers and minty herbs. Then supple but bright in the mouth, with a layered texture and a touch of sweetness to the pineapple, stone fruit and herb flavors. The finish is precise and long.
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|