Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Sauvignon||Planted 1980||Clay and limestone||3 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and Limestone
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 4,500
- Yield/acre: 7 tons
- Exposure: North-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1980
- Harvest time: September
- First vintage of this wine: 1992
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 25,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 20 days
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: 6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 2-3 months
- Straw yellow with light green reflections.
- Elegant, intense, with prominent and complex varietal notes.
- Passion fruit, mint, pineapple, white peach, tomato leaf and sage.
- Elegant and fine, soft, shades into a pleasant acid note.
- Rich and intriguing aftertaste, ranging from citrus to tropical, from balsamic to mineral.
- Excellent as an aperitif, it is also an oustanding partner for asparagus ,vegetable soups and marinated fish.
- Made from Sauvignon grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980.
- Grown on soils of Clay and limestone.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel and the bottle.
- Aged for 6 months in stainless steel and, 2-3 months in the bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH level: 3.38
- Residual sugar: 3 g/l
- Acidity: 5.85 g/l
- Dry extract: 19.88 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|