Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008.
Estate vineyards in D.O.C. Friuli.
- Soils: Argilaceous, calcareous-clay, rich in micronutrients
- Vine Training System: Guyot
Vineyard Density: 4,000 plants/ha
- Vine Age: approximately 37 years
- Certified Sustainable by SQNPI Italy
- Harvested from October 1 – 10
- Careful monitoring during pressing
- Slow fermentation at controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks, with daily manual pigeage (punchdown) for 15-20 days
- Aged in stainless steel tanks for 10 months
Intense ruby red with garnet red tinges. A rich, lingering bouquet with intense notes of fruit preserve and hints of grass. A velvety, mouthfilling palate, balanced by supporting acidity and with excellent length.
Its warm, assertive body means it goes well with cured and red
meats, as well as game.
Monovarietal Cabernet Franc; alcohol: 13%; wine Certified Sustainable by SQNPI Italy; grown in calcareous-clay, rich soils; harvested in early October; slow fermentation in controlled temperature, stainless steel tanks with daily pigeage for 15-20 days; aged in stainless steel for 10 months before bottling.
- 100% Cabernet Franc
- Alcohol: 13%
- Certfied Sustainable SQNPI
Cabernet Franc has long had a home in Friuli and today’s examples are worth seeking out. This wine opens with a mix of high-toned red fruit notes buttressed by dark berry undertones. Aromas of thyme, marjoram and ancho chili add to the interesting array of aromas on this wine. The palate is medium in body with vibrant acidity highlighting the gamy and earthy notes with deep plum and cherry notes at the core of the wine.
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||18,333 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|