Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Chardonnay||Planted 1991||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||6 ha|
- Denomination: Doc Friuli Grave
- Soil: Argillaceious, calcareous, rich in micro-elements
- Yield/acre: 9 tons
- Number of bottles produced: 30,000
- Training System: Guyot, with a density of 4000 plants/ha
- Vineyard age: 25 years
- Harvest: Early September
- Fermentation Container: Stainless steel
- Ageing Container: Stainless steel
- Vinification: After a brief decantation, the must is transferred and fermented at a controlled temperature. Once fermentation is completed it remains in contact with the fine dregs until March.
- Cellaring potential: 3-4 years from production
- Color: Bright straw yellow
- Serving Temp: Approx. 8-10°C
- Nose & Taste: Distinctive and elegant with fruity notes of apple, banana, vanilla and a fragrant aroma of white flowers. Fresh, lively and highly pleasurable with optimal persistence.
- Pairings: Excellent as an aperitif, goes well with soups, risotto, white meat and fish courses.
- Made from Chardonnay grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1991.
- Grown on soils of argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Grape Variety: Chardonnay 100%
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- Residual Sugar: 1.3 g/L
- Acidity: 5.5 g/L
- Dry Extract: 19.62 g/L
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|