Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Friulano||Planted 1980||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||6 ha|
- Soil Composition: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements
- Training Method: Guyot
- Vines/acre: 4,000
- Yield/acre: 8 tons
- Exposure: North-south
- Vine Age: 34 years
- Harvest time: Early September
- First vintage of this wine: 1985
- Number of bottles produced of this wine: 35,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Ageing container: Stainless steel
- Vinification: 48 hours pre-fermentation cold maceration, soft pressing of the grapes, alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature followed by maturation in steel basins for several months.
- Straw yellow, tending towards green.
- Fine, delicately intense, characterized by notes of fruit and flowers.
- Fresh, dry, soft, smooth to the palate with distinct flavor.
- Ideal as an aperitif, great with soups, cold cuts and savory fish dishes.
- A very interesting match with eastern cuisine.
- Made from Friulano grapes
- Vine age – 34 years
- Grown on argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-element soils
- Fermented in stainless steel
- Aged in stainless steel
- Grape Variety: Friulano 100%
- Alcohol: 13%
- Residual Sugar: 1.0 g/l
- Acidity: 5.6 g/l
- Dry Extract: 19.58 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|