Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008.
Grapes / Soils
|Friulano||Vine Age – 34 years||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||6 ha|
- DENOMINATION: Doc Friuli Grave.
- SOIL: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: 80q/hectare.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot, with a density of 4000 plants/ha.
- VINEYARD AGE: 34 years.
- HARVEST: Early September.
- VINIFICATION: 48 hours pre-fermentation cold maceration, soft pressing of the grapes, alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature followed by maturation in steel basins for several months.
- PAIRINGS: Ideal as aperitif, great with soups, cold cuts and savoury fish dishes. A very interesting match with eastern cuisine.
- COLOR: Straw yellow, tending towards green.
- NOSE: Fine, delicately intense, characterized by notes of fruit and flowers.
- TASTE: Fresh, dry, soft, smooth to the palate with distinct flavor.
- CELLARING POTENTIAL: 3-4 years from production.
- SERVING TEMP: Approx. 8-10°C.
- Made from Friulano grapes
- Vine age – 34 years
- Grown on argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-element soils
- Fermented in stainless steel
- Aged in stainless steel
- Grape Variety: Friulano 100%.
- Alcohol: 13%
Gently reductive with a fresh-lemon edge and light pastry aromas, leading to a palate that has fresh, dry and gently textured style. Drink now.
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||18,333 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|