Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Bianco||Planted 1970||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||3 ha|
- Soil composition: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 3,500
- Yield/acre: 8 tons
- Exposure: north-south
- Vineyard Age: 30 years
- Harvest time: late September
- First Vintage of this wine: 1975
- Number of bottles produced: 40,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless Steel
- Fermentation temperature: 60°F
- Aging container: Stainless Steel
- Vinification: 36 hours pre-fermentation cold maceration, soft pressing of the grapes, alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature and later maturation in its own dregs for several months
- Color: Straw yellow laden with bright golden tints.
- Nose: Aroma of exotic ripe fruit, white peach, notes of sweet spices.
- Taste: Smooth and warm in the mouth while also enveloping, balanced and rich aromas.
- Pairings: Excellent with fish starters, its body also allows interesting contrasts when matched with white meat and baked fish.
- Made from Pinot Bianco grapes.
- Vine age – 30 years
- Grown on soils of argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel
- Varietal composition: 100% Pinot Bianco
- pH Level: 3.35
- Residual Sugar: 1.0 g/l
- Acidity: 5.5 g/l
- Dry Extract: 19.56 g/l
- Alcohol: 13.0%
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|