Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Grigio||Vine age – 25 years||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||15 ha|
- DENOMINATION: Doc Friuli Grave.
- SOIL: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: 90q/hectare.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot, with a density of 4000 plants/ha.
- VINEYARD AGE: 25 years.
- HARVEST: Mid September.
- VINIFICATION: 72 hours pre-fermentation cold maceration, soft pressing of the grapes, alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature and later maturation in steel basins for several months.
- COLOR: Amber yellow, with light copper tints.
- NOSE: Fine and elegant with sharp bouquet and persistent floral notes.
- TASTE: Evident sensations of white fruit on the palate giving distinct freshness and sapidity.
- CELLARING POTENTIAL: 3-4 years from production.
- SERVING TEMP: Approx. 8-10°C.
- PAIRINGS: Matches well with appetisers and fish dishes.
- Made from Pinot Grigio grapes
- Vine age – 25 years
- Grown on argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements soils
- Fermented in stainless steel
- GRAPE VARIETY: Pinot Grigio 100%.
- ALCOHOL: 13%
Lots of dried-apple rind and pear drops to this rose-hued pinot grigio. Juicy, supple and fleshy on the finish with a touch of balancing acidity. Drink now or hold.
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|