Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008.
Vineyards in D.O.C. Friuli.
- Soils: Calcareous-clay, rich in micronutrients
- Vine Planting Density: 4300/ha
- Vine age: approximately 25 years
- Vine Training Systems: Guyot and Sylvoz
- Harvested September 1 – 10
- Pre-fermentative cold maceration for 24-48 hours
- Grapes softly pressed
- Fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature
- Aged on lees in stainless steel tanks
Amber-shot yellow color with light, coppery tinges. A delicate and elegant structure on the nose, with a wide range of clearly discernable flowery notes. Its supple structure is sustained by a distinct tangy freshness. Delicate, lingering hints of white-fleshed fruit in the mouth.
Best paired with delicate dishes – perfect with fish starters, pasta or rice dishes.
Monovarietal Pinot Grigio; alcohol: 13%; Certified Sustainable wine by SQNPI Italy; grown in calcareous-clay soils, rich in micronutrients; harvested 1st 10 days September; grapes cold soak for 24 – 48 hours before gentle pressing; fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature; aged on lees in stainless steel before bottling.
- 100% Pinot Grigio
- Alcohol: 13%
- Total Acidity: 5.6 g/l
- Residual Sugar: 1 g/l
- Extract: 19.6 g/l
- Certified Sustainable SQNPI Italy
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||18,333 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|