Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008.
Estate Vineyards in D.O.C. Friuli.
- Soils: Calcareous clay, rich in microelements
- Vine Age: Average 26 years
- Vine Planting Density: 4300/ha
- Vine Training Systems: Guyot & Slyvoz
- Certified sustainable practices
- Harvested September 1 – 10
- Cold maceration for 24 – 48 hours
- Softly pressed
- Fermented at controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks
- Aged on fine lees in stainless
Amber-shot yellow with light coppery tinges. The nose reveals a delicate structure, characterized by a wide range of clearly distinguishable floral notes. This Pinot Grigio has a supple structure, sustained by a distinct, tangy freshness. Delicate, lingering hints of white-fleshed fruit on the palate.
Best paired with subtle dishes. Perfect with fish starters or pasta and rice dishes.
100% Pinot Grigio; alcohol: 13%; vineyards in D.O.C. Friuli; Certified Sustainable wine by SQNPI Italy; grown in calcareous-clay soils, rich in micronutrients; harvested 1st 10 days September; grapes cold soak for 24 – 48 hours before gentle pressing; fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature; aged on lees in stainless steel before bottling.
- 100% Pinot Grigio
- Alcohol: 13%
- Certified Sustainable SQNPI
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||18,333 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|