Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Vine Age – 39 years||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||15 ha|
- DENOMINATION: Doc Friuli Grave.
- SOIL: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: 80q/hectare.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot, with a density of 4000 plants/ha.
- VINEYARD AGE: 39 years.
- HARVEST: Late August.
- VINIFICATION: Soft pressing of the grapes in a reducing environment. Fermentation at a controlled temperature of 17°C to obtain a clean base wine. Second fermentation using the charmat method for 20 days at a controlled temperature of around 16°C. The wine then remains on the lees for almost 60 days.
- CELLARING POTENTIAL: 2-3 years from production.
- COLOR: Bright pink.
- NOSE: Fine bouquet, elegant, with flavours of red wild fruits, currant, raspberry and hints of rose petals.
- TASTE: Vibrant, pleasantly balanced taste, between acidity and sugars and fruity aftertaste.
- PAIRINGS: Ideal as an aperitif, with seafood starters and cold cuts
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes
- Vine age – 39 years
- Grown on argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements soils
- Varietal – 100% Pinot Noir
- Alcohol – 11.5 %
- Residual Sugar – 8 g/l
The Vigneti Le Monde dazzles the senses with notes of young strawberries, dusty rose, crushed stone minerality, and hints of sage. Soft textures wash across the senses, carried by a stimulating mix of fine bubbles and zesty acids, giving way to floral-laced red fruits with a hint of savory spice. The finish buzzes with minerals, salty in nature, mixing with a crisp note of sour apples and making the mouth water. 2020 – 2022
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|