Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso||Planted 1980||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||6 ha|
- Soils: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-nutrients
- Training system: Guyot
- Planting density: 5000 plants/ha
- Vineyard age: 36 years
- Harvest: Late September
- Harvest: late September
- Selected grapes are vinified with maceration from 12-15 days
- Daily plunging at controlled temperature
- Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks
- Bottle aging for 6 months
Strong ruby red color with violent tints. Enveloping, elegant musk fragrances with hints of wild berries. Aristocratic and very elegant.
100% Refosco dal Penduncolo; alcohol: 13%; 12-15 day maceration with daily plunging; malolactic fermentation completed in stainless steel tanks; bottle aged for 6 months.
- 100% Refosco dal Penducolo Rosso grapes
- Alcohol: 13%
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|