Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Ribolla Gialla||Planted 2001||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||8 ha|
- Soil composition: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 5,000
- Yield/acre: 9 tons
- Exposure: 7
- Year vineyard planted: 2001
16 hours pre-fermentative cold maceration, soft pressing of the grapes, fermentation at a controlled temperature and maturation in steel vats for a few months.
- Harvest time: End of August
- First vintage of this wine: 2008
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 25,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Bright straw yellow.
- Characteristic intense and marked with floral nuances and a hint of grass.
- Fresh and elegant on the palate, with balanced acidity and sapidity, mineral aftertaste with good persistance.
- Excellent as an aperitif, goes well with soups, and white meat.
- Made from Ribolla Gialla grapes.
- Vine age – planted 2001.
- Grown on argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements soils.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel.
- Varietal composition: 100% Ribolla Gialla
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Residual sugar: 1.2 g/l
- Acidity: 5.6 g/l
- Dry extract: 19.67 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|