Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Ribolla Gialla||Vine age – 20 years||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||8 ha|
- DENOMINATION: Igt delle Venezie.
- SOIL: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: 90q/hectare.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot, with a density of 5000 plants/ha.
- VINEYARD AGE: 20 years.
- HARVEST: End of August.
- VINIFICATION: 16 hours pre-fermentative cold maceration, soft pressing of the grapes, fermentation at a controlled temperature and maturation in steel vats for a few months.
- COLOR: Bright straw yellow
- NOSE: Characterful, intense and marked with floral nuances and a hint of grass.
- TASTE: Fresh and elegant on the palate with balanced acidity and sapidity, mineral aftertaste with good persistence.
- PAIRINGS: Excellent as aperitif, goes well with soups and white meat.
- CELLARING POTENTIAL: 2-3 years from production.
- SERVING TEMP: Approx. 8-10°C.
- Made from Ribolla Gialla grapes.
- Vine age – 20 years
- Grown on argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements soils.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel.
- Varietal: Ribolla Gialla 100%
- ALCOHOL: 12.5%
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|